We want to help you advance YOUR sustainability goals, and that requires quantifying how our offerings contribute to sustainability, specifically the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). To enable this, our experts developed the Chemours EVOLVE 2030 methodology—a third party validated, award-winning method—to scientifically measures UN SDG impact.
Quantify your environmental impact reduction by formulating with Ti-Pure™ TS-6300 titanium dioxide (TiO₂) – high opacity pigment that enables superior hiding power and reduced material consumption-versus universal TiO₂ grades.
Kg of CO2e avoided
- The two paints compared were assumed to contain the same TiO₂ pigment loading.
- Based on a typical paint formulated at a PVC above CPVC, containing 15% TiO₂ by weight.
- TDMA industry average carbon footprint was used for the TiO₂ pigment’s footprint (4.93 kg CO₂ e/kg) in a Paint; Paint ingredients footprint was based on CEPE data.
- To estimate waste from paint packaging, we assumed 1 gallon (3.79 liters), 1 quart (.95 liters), 1 pint (.47 liters) as the paint container sizes available. All containers were assumed to be made of metal.
- The weight and volume of 1 pint (.47 liters) sized paint container was assumed same as that of a 1 quart (.95 liters) paint container.
- The paint cans material management at the end of life was assumed as 50% would go to a landfill and 50% go to recycling.
- A transportation distance of 124 miles (200 km) was assumed for shipping the paint; The truck emissions factor was for a truck with an average payload of 21 tons (19 tonnes).
The Ti-Pure™ TS-6300 Environmental Footprint Calculator is provided to assist buyers of Chemours Ti-Pure™ TS-6300 estimate the environmental benefits of using high-opacity TS-6300 grade when compared to universal TiO₂ grades. The results are estimates based on a range of experiments and customer data; it may not reflect actual results, which may vary based on formulation and other factors. Chemours makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the calculations provided. You are encouraged to confirm potential environmental impact reduction utilizing your own best available data.