Consistency and Flexibility When Appearances Matter
Ti-Pure™ R-706 is a rutile titanium dioxide (TiO₂) pigment that is a benchmark grade for interior and exterior coatings. It provides flexibility and reliability for applications and formulations where appearance is critical.
Features and Benefits
Manufactured via a proprietary chloride process, Ti-Pure™ R-706 features:
- Tight particular size control for color match confidence
- Blue undertone for maximum flexibility in formulated color space and brighter, cleaner colors in tinted systems
- Balance of properties for reliability and flexibility in high-performance applications
- Enhanced durability for superior gloss retention so coatings look new longer
- Silica treatment for better film cure in acid catalyzed coatings
Applications for Ti-Pure™ R-706
Ti-Pure™ R-706 is frequently found in:
- Gloss and semi-gloss architectural paints
- Wood coatings
- Refinish and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) (vehicle) topcoat applications that demand high gloss, distinctness of image, and weather resistance
- Coil coatings
For more information, please see the Ti-Pure™ R-706 Product Information sheet.
Packaging and Handling
R-706 is supplied as a fine, dry powder or in aqueous slurry form (R-746). Packed density of TiO₂ grades directly affects package stacking stability. For recommendations on packaging and handling, please see the safe handling guidelines for FIBCs.