Enhancing and Protecting a Diverse Range of Medical and Personal Care Equipment, Packaging, and Products
Medical care products and equipment made of plastic materials must maintain a bright, white appearance and resist discoloration or deformation caused by UV light and severe temperature changes. A bright appearance helps these products look clean and new, which provides peace of mind to patients and their care providers.
Medical applications that utilize Ti-Pure™ titanium dioxide (TiO₂) for protection include:
- Packaging for medical instruments and drugs
- Medical and hygiene films like diapers, hospital gowns, and disposable changing pads
- Medical equipment such as MRI machines
Benefits from Using Ti-Pure™ Solutions
Ti-Pure™ solutions for medical packaging are key for keeping packages opaque and highlighting clear, colorful messaging and graphics. Ti-Pure™ solutions for medical and hygiene films enable:
- A high-level of hiding power
- Excellent dispersion that enables downgauging
- A bright white film that appears ultra-clean and new as a result of its blue undertone
Ti-Pure™ solutions for medical equipment provide:
- The most efficient material to make equipment white in color without affecting the strength of the polymer used to make the machine
- Increased resistance to thermal discoloration
Ti-Pure™ Solutions for Medical Care
Ti-Pure™ R-350 is a high-performance TiO₂ grade that is optimized to meet your needs in medical care.
This grade is ideal for:
- Demanding applications with highly sensitive processing requirements (minimal defects, minimal impact to mechanical properties, thin films, etc.)
- Maintaining maximum bright, clean white surfaces for the product’s lifetime
- Discoloration resistance under severe conditions (temperature, chemical exposure, etc.)
Learn more about Ti-Pure™ products in packaging.