Consistency, Flexibility, and High-Volume Productivity
Ti-Pure™ R-746 is a slurry form of R-706, a rutile titanium dioxide (TiO₂) pigment. It is a benchmark grade for interior and exterior coatings and designed to provide flexibility and reliability for applications and formulations where appearance is critical.
Ti-Pure™ R-746 slurry is optimized for coatings producers who want to reduce production cycle time, keep processes straightforward, and increase consistency in high-volume applications.
This pigment works well in waterborne coatings systems because it has a tight particle size distribution that leads to fewer oversized particles that detract from gloss.
Features and Benefits
Manufactured via a proprietary chloride process, Ti-Pure™ R-746 features:
- Tight particular size control for color match confidence
- Blue undertone for maximum flexibility in formulated color space and brighter, cleaner colors in tinted systems
- Balance of properties for reliability and flexibility in high-performance applications
- Enhanced durability for superior gloss retention so coatings look new longer
- Silica treatment for better film cure in acid catalyzed coatings
- Straightforward production processes
Applications for Ti-Pure™ R-746
Ti-Pure™ R-746 is best suited for gloss and semi-gloss architectural paints and also glossy, durable coating applications. For more information, please see the Ti-Pure™ R-746 Product Information sheet.
Packaging and Handling
The packed density of TiO₂ grades directly affects package stacking stability. For recommendations on packaging and handling, please see the safe handling guidelines for FIBCs. R-746 is a slurry form of R-706 which is supplied as a fine, dry powder.