Titanium Dioxide Package Stacking Recommendations
The packed density of dry titanium dioxide (TiO₂) grades directly affects package stacking stability. Chemours recommends the following guidelines for safely stacking TiO₂ pigment pallets to minimize the risk of collapse:
- Stack TiO₂ grades packaged in flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBC) weighing one tonne no more than two pallets high
- Stack TiO₂ grades other than R-101, which is packaged in 25 kg (50 lb) bags, no more than three pallets high
- Stack TiO₂ grades R-101, which is packaged in 25 kg (50 lb) bags, no more than two pallets high
Specific Ti-Pure™ grades are available in batch-inclusion bags. This feature allows the bags and their contents to be included in processing to eliminate empty bag disposal.
- Ti-Pure™ R-796+ is available in a batch-inclusion paper bag.
- Certain Ti-Pure(TM) plastic-grade product packaging are also available for batch inclusion.
Chemours supplies TiO₂ to the coatings market and in a high solid aqueous slurry form. These slurry shipments are delivered using railroad tanker car and truck tanker.